Thursday, November 6, 2008

More of Austin...Always more of Austin





Once of the nice parts of working where I do is that every campus we have, across the country, is an art museum. Even the layouts and carpeting, and lighting in the cubicle jungles conspire to keep you feeling like its Saturday, you've had croissants for breakfast, and later you'll be having sex. I don't know, that's how art museums make me feel anyway.









That's the Austin campus cubicle map, or a shipbuilders blueprint from 1892, depending on how closely you examine it. My favorite room is the one in the left bottom corner.

I pretty much spent my time here hanging out in other people's cubicles, listening to calls. Being in someone else's cubicle all day really makes you examine them as a person. This girl, for instance, also had several Harry Potter posters, including a skin she made for her phone. And a framed Disney Fairy Princess puzzle.



I also spent my day watching the dinosaur behind the parking lot.





My co-workers threatened to make me drive that blue truck home cross country to Cleveland, and I got all excited and hyper about the idea, and said YES Please, obviously planning my assumed disappearance into Midwest folklore. Then they laughed, and said, see I told you she'd like that. It was a dirty trick to put those thoughts in my brain. Now I can't get rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?