Sunday, November 2, 2008

Driving home tonight, I found a mix CD by some guy I used to talk to briefly, years ago. He lived in Michigan, and worked at a newspaper, and it was interesting for a minute. Then he sent me this CD and I was all like "hmmmm, this is a lot of very frat boy music" and I didn't really talk to him again. So I was listening to it, and its fun, in a very 2001 Blink 182 way. But there was also a Cake song on it, and it occurred to me that I have like 5 Cds from guys that have a Cake song on them. And it's always the leather couch song, or short skirt/ long jacket.

What is it about me that makes guys think of Cake? I like Cake, but it's never been, like, my favorite band ever. It gets grouped in my head with Ween and Dropkick Murphys. I think I would prefer to be thought of as a Dylan girl, or a Willie Nelson girl. But no, apparently I make guys think of off the beat singing and a horn section.

I thought I had stayed out too late, but then I remembered our nice little gift from the Powers That Be tonight. Our world is kinda fucked up when the government can give and take your hours like Christmas bonuses, but it's a good reminder that the concept of structured time can go suck it. My friend is all super concerned that Obama won't win, he's like, having a nervous junkie breakdown. I keep telling him to be calm, accept the inevitable. I have become positively zen about the whole thing. We were watching Palin parrot youtube videos tonight while dinner cooked, and then we found that phone call. Seriously, that phone call. How can one be concerned about any of this anymore, except that in three days my major source of daily entertainment and merriment will be gone! The sarcastic political blog market is about to collapse! Wonkette's traffic will tumble, Huffington Post will lock out it's employees in the cold, metaphorically speaking. Small time bloggers will be forced to come up with new creative thoughts. It's the biggest cultural disaster in eight years! Where's OUR bailout motherfuckers?

Of course, Kerry could be Secretary of State...

Oh and DAD & CARRIE, I meant to send you this, though by now you've gotten it in seventeen different emails I'm sure...

2 comments:

  1. BUT IT'S SO GOOD.

    So good.

    I haven't heard the Palin phone call yet. Were her handlers at lunch or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. The lady who passes her the phone sound like she works in the local grade school.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?