Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top Chef Recap: Finale Part Two

The Wrong Brother Won.
One.
Won.








(p.s. I am extremely drunk on jello shots and it is possible that later today I will have wished that I wrote a more fanciful, articulate review. However right now I just know that both of them know it, and Kevin knows it, and if Padma doesn't know it, it's only because at some point Top Chef had to become the Establishment and we had to start rebelling against it. It has become a new standard of judgment in the culinary community, and therefore we must bring it down, and tirade against it's inequality and inadequacies, and later tonight we fought about kittens and commitment and I'm sorry but I think it's totally fair to see shadows of my past relationship in your fickleness of stray cat keepingness. Also Bryan should have won. But I've never known if I'm spelling his name right, and quite frankly, I don't care enough to google it. There was no great sibling rivalry resolved today. There was only us, screaming, into the nothingness that is the Council's palate, like salivating starving dogs at the Culture Counter, with no rhyme or reason. )


edit: today I read that the reason Kevin was in a funk is because he and his wife split up right before heading back to Napa. So Kevin, I'm sorry you didn't win, and I hope you're okay. I want to organize a mass group of people and camp out in Atlanta with Kevin t-shirts and spend lots of money at your restaurant, because thats the only non-creepy non-sex not stalking thing I can think to do. Also, it is warmer down there right now. But I'll probably just stay up and here and feel sorry for you. Also, the mom thing takes on whole new meaning.

5 comments:

  1. I know, BOO! I hate it when the judging consistency goes off the rails, like I feel it did from the first part of the finale. I'm lead to believe that the judges wanted Michael V to win for a while now, because he shouldn't have made it to the top three and his brother (who had more successful dishes in the finale) should have won. BOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words for this finale. First, there was Toby Young, and then Michael won, which I knew was going to happen but it made me mad anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had five on Brian to win, but I really wanted plucky southern bear Kevin to pull it off. I blame his choice of the most worthless sous on the planet (beside Robyn who was thankfully not an option).

    in a perfect world Kevin would have snuck past the voltron molecular gastronomy council trying to out-clever each for the benefit of and love from mommy dearest.

    make no mistake, this was a battle between the rolling stones, rush and yes. yes won.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's possible Kevin got screwed by Preethi. But then if the sous mattered so much, Bryan should have clinched it by getting Jennifer.

    But he should have tried a little harder. None of his dishes was up to the par of some of his past dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?