Saturday, December 12, 2009

Why Is This Blog So Boring? I mean, Recently. I have no excuse for before.

I have all sorts of ideas for posts and photos, but I've had a hard time finding time to write them. I've been working as much overtime at work as I can stand, and this weekend I need to clean out my library/storage room/kitty prison and turn it into a home office, since next week I start working from home. *jumps up and down in unadulterated childlike joy*

I wanted to run a post about how your Christmas Lights tell us about your personality, which will happen. As soon as I find time to drive around looking at lights. I wanted to write a Bachmann's Greatest Quotes, but that requires reading way too much crazy talk and right wing shit, and I just haven't been in the mood i.e. able to take a mental beating. There's the ever popular "how I feel about Christmas since I'm an atheist, which no one ever bothers to think of. My voicemail doesn't tell you to not believe in God, so why is the opposite message socially acceptable, blah blah blah." But whatever, I like presents and food and people being done with school therefore drinking more with me. Also I think that would turn into a really really long rant about religion imposing on my life in general, and I'm supposed to be focusing on cleaning and cooking and paying my bills right now. Jere and I just entered into a Short Story Battle to the Death last night over beers (not Christmas Ale, you bastards), so that's gotta be done. Rebecca and I are working on a screenplay, and I'm supposed to be writing characters for that.

Lastly, but firstly, I'm supposed to write some content for Cleveland Area History, and if I were Chris, I would have given up on that by now. I promise I will do it. This week. At some point. Promise. I just have to come up with a way that I won't get ticketed for it.

The point is, I have all this stuff to work on, plus I want to make some crystal hair accessories for myself for New Years, and I have yet to make NYE plans, and I have to assemble the ingredients for wassail for Christmas Day, and I have to get my hair cut, and I wanted to hit up this building before the snow really comes down, and the point is now that I don't have reality tv to distract me I have to actually work on writing, like an actual writer might do.

Because the hard part about art stuff that you don't get paid for is finding time to do it between the stuff you do get paid for.

2 comments:

  1. Ticketed? All one has to worry about is being ticketed? Then I have many spaces that I will surely be investigating soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is trespassing Chris.

    But they are abandoned children, sort of. Just never abuse them.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?