Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And for my next act...

Tonight I met a blogger I love in real life, listened to a talk about Hemingway and the emergence of the playboy cocktail lifestyle, which was by seriously the hottest professor I've ever seen in real life, sat at a table with complete strangers one of whom actually stood up every time a girl came to sit down which was fucking awesome, set up a second date, drank something call Death on the Gulfstream and a Dark and Stormy which makes it seem like I'm headed for foul weather don't it now, saw a few girls I totally wanted to talk to, but ditched them for the blogger girl because what what peppermint bark and houndstooth, met a guy who lived downtown and liked Firefly but had never watched Angel, met a Zubal and he told me I could get a tour of the twinkie factory but wait more importantly they have books there, got a splinter in my finger from a bar stool, met up with an atheist from San Francisco, met some of his friends, one of them had the most adorable excited look on his face always, even when talking about church stuff, consulted a man about his beard, got tricked into a shot of vodka, got asked home by a wasted chess player who couldn't remember my name, drank a glass of wine, and then went home.

2 comments:

  1. PS, I can't believe that I, the Queen Of Eating Ice Cream, never had eggnog before. Because it's LIQUID ICE CREAM. I've missed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! You have! It's completely true!

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?