Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Not Top Gumbo, Douchebag, it's Top Chef.

I know, no Top Chef Recap this week. First, because I was deathly ill for the last two days, and so I barely even acknowledged the show when it was on. And second, because there weren't really enough interesting things to write a whole entry about.

A short list:

- meeting up at the airport, Stefan asked Hosea if he learned how to cook while he was away.
- Emeril is either impossibly nice or impossibly evil. Either way, he's boring. I'd like to think you can't be that evil AND boring, but I suspect that's more often the case than not.
- Louisiana will always be known for gumbo, and that's never gonna change, and quite frankly, there's better stews to be had. Gumbo has never appealed to me, probably cause I don't eat bugs like those crazy jungle swamp dwelling Southerners.
- I blame this on the cold medication. I seriously considered writing a fanfic of zombie Padma rampaging in New Orleans, or vampire Padma in a kind of Anne Rice love triangle with Tom and Gail. Has Anne Rice ruined New Orleans forever? I say yes.
- Everyone did great, I guess. But it still feels like Stefan should have gone home and didn't.
- I felt really really sad for Fabio. The mohawk helped this, a little. I did cry for him, but in all fairness I also cried while watching the movie Wall Street yesterday, and I cried when someone made a dog fucking joke. I'm a crier when I'm sick.
- Carla not drinking at all accounts for a lot of her lucidity this past season.

Bonus List!

Things That Are Not the Same:

- watching the movie Serenity/watching the movie Serendipity
- Star Trek the next Generation/Star Trek Enterprise
- Charlie Sheen/John Cusack
- rose/rose`
-Canada Dry/Seagrams/Vernors
-tire flotation/tire rotation
-ANTM/ Make Me a Supermodel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?