Tuesday, February 17, 2009

If more of you were off on Mondays, I wouldn't end up watching so much SciFi Channel.



There’s something really nasty about going to buy Valentine’s Day candy the day after. Like, suddenly the chocolate has been infected by mites, or the caramel has reverted to ground mealworms. Because of this, and also because it’s kind of shameful to be the fat girl walking into Malley’s in her hoodie on a Monday in the middle of the day, Half Off Valentine’s Candy is irresistible. I should mention, I was not the only one.

Did you know if you eat Half Off Valentine’s Day Candy, you are guaranteed to be happily in love on Feb. 14th next year? It’s true.

Just like if you eat Half Off Halloween Candy, you get invited to cool parties. And Half Off Easter Candy gets you into heaven.



Yesterday was a recovery day for me. I woke up and watched 5 episodes of Dead Like Me. Then I managed to motivate myself out of the house with thoughts of nutmallow hearts. After my dirty foray to Candyland, I went to Giant Eagle and bought a bunch of health food; green beans, pork chops, yogurt, marmalade, diet cream soda (which I totally got for no other reason than it was in the British section. It probably tastes just like regular American cream soda.)



Then I cleansed myself with 4 cups of coffee at Bela Dubby, which had mysteriously been turned into a kindergarten room. It was surprisingly comforting. I hung out with some friends there and talked about nonsense for while. Pictures were taken of people talking on phones, which made very little sense even in context. The night ended with S. and I watching more Arrested Development, and Rusty dive-bombing my plate for green beans.



Best cooking discovery of the day? Frying a pork chop with just salt and pepper, then drizzling honey on it, is perfect when you have no apples. Really perfect.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I have had that malbec pictured there in the post below, with the delicious delicious meat. It is a nice wine.

    2. How much do I love Bela Dubby? How much do I want to have my pick of their chairs and tables to take home with me? So much.

    3. The Internet seems kind of mean lately, so I am making an effort to interact with it pleasantly, for karma and whatnot.

    4. And yeah, Valentine haters can go F themselves. Show some love you bitter jerks! It's a candy holiday, what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?