Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Springtime. Sort of.




So my life was changed when I discovered I could buy fresh pizza dough from the grocery store by my house. Not frozen, or those damn weird looking DiGiorno shells, but made that day Italian pizza dough from Corbos. Also, their Florentines changed my life, but that's another story.



Now whenever I want pizza, unless I'm physically incapable of leaving the house, i go buy dough and make my own. It takes ten minutes to stretch the dough, five to assemble, and it tastes better than every other pizza except Nunzio's. I really love Nunzio's, even though they never cut their pizzas properly. They also have a white sauce that is WAY too garlicky for me. Mine's better.



My list of favorite pizza ingredients:

prosciutto
mozzarella
black olives
pesto
butter
pancetta
turkey
soppressata
minced garlic
diced tomatoes
pepperoni
Parmesan
olive oil
fresh basil

Not all together, of course. Of course not. Did you notice I'm basically okay with any salty cured Italian meat? Yeah.

Making your own pizza give this feeling of independence you never knew you were missing. No tips. No worrying about whether it's cold or not. No having to put on clothes to go to the door, and worrying that the delivery guy thinks you're a big loser. And more importantly, making your own pizza exactly the way you want it. Also, not having to hide the stash or spray deodorizer all over.

Just kidding.





Oh my god, the air outside just smells so good...someone please tell me it's actually May and this isn't going anyway for at least six months...tell me I can keep wearing my sneakers...and going to the park on my lunch break...and not wearing a coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?