Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Few Random Things...

From Broken Headphones:

"According to Billboard.com, there’s a new band that exists on earth called Tinted Windows featuring former Smashing Pumpkin James Iha, Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos, handsome Hanson brother Taylor, and Fountains of Wayne bassist Adam Schlesinger."

Let's reiterate. James Iha, Bunny Carlos, Taylor Hanson, and Adam Schlesinger. In a band. Together.

Quotes by Michael Douglas's character in Wall Street:

"Money isn't lost or made. It's simply transferred from one perception to another."

"Greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."


In 2009 these bands will release albums I will buy:
Metric
Built To Spill
M. Ward
Decemberists
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Dan Deacon (note, I will not be buying this album for myself.)

I am mostly excited because it means the first two might actually tour! And I might actually go see them! And they were super awesome in concert!

Lastly, R.I.P Socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?