Friday, February 19, 2010

Why There is a Structure for a Good Date Night: food, drinks, movie

So I had a crappy day yesterday. First my internet wasn't working, then when the signal came back it fried my modem, so I had to go get a new one. All of which is a giant pain when you work from home. I texted the Boy and said "please let's hang out tonight, I hate today" and so we did, which is the point of a boyfriend really.

First we went to dinner at Minh Anh, and drowned our collective work week stories in rice noodles. I drank almost the entire pot of Jasmine tea before I started to forget about the morning. Then he took me for a few martinis, and we tried the place at the end of his street with the inviting blue glow, Jazz 28.

When you walk in, the blue glow surrounds you, and then you adjust to notice the singer in the corner (one of the owners), the couple on a date at the bar sipping wine. The older women at a table in the dark corner. It's quiet except for the music, and it's calming and sparkly. The bartender Judy was awesome, and below is my first Sidecar, which kicked my ass. Two drinks and I was trying to convince the Boy that we should plan our birthdays together, and also our breakup, and also no I don't believe Alton Brown's statement that carrots are orange because of politics, but of course you've got that damn iPhone always to prove me wrong, and oh how I want to go to the Goodyear Blimp Hangar and take pictures and blah blah blah. It's word spit up when I drink brandy, apparently. Hopefully he thinks it was cute. Or was also drunk and didn't notice.

After saying goodbye to everyone in the place, because it was nice like that, we wandered home and watched Rocky 3. Thus marking my first time watching a Rocky movie to the end, and my first time messing around to Eye of the Tiger.


This morning I stumbled into Civilizations unwashed, because I am addicted to coffee and croissants in the morning and should just live across from a bakery in Prague, and nobody openly passed judgment. Which was nice of them. I was terrifying looking, in a happy glow glazed hungover sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?