Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Decision

Faced with imminent doom, or rather slow creeping trickling doom, I've come to two very solid conclusions.

1)I only require more money because I go out to see people and need money for alcohol, gas, food, ect. I spend way too much on these activities.

2)I will only ever be more financially solid if I stop going out to see people and start working on my writing seriously. Like, every night. Like a professional. Like someone who wants it.

Thus, I am henceforth resolved to not go out anymore or spend any money on anything except bills. This means you may not see me. Actually, this means you will for sure not see me unless you invite me to your house and don't expect anything from me, or you're paying. Even then I may refuse.

I am sick of being broke, and I am sick of having nothing to show creatively, and I am not going to succumb to "social responsibilities" anymore. I will refuse to feel guilty about not seeing you. I will refuse to be shamed into buying birthday present and going away presents and the ilk.

Let the record show I was this resolved on the 11th of February, 2010. For whatever use that may be in the future, when I'm sure I'll be feeling slightly less resolved. 6 months! At least!

Also let the record show that I got this entry right without a single misspelled word, which is a minor miracle because I thought for sure I got imminent wrong or succumb. See what a purifier resolve is!

11 comments:

  1. (Except it's "etc." and not "ect."...but I promise not to tell anyone. And your resolve is still, in my opinion, stellar.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm a pedantic little bitch sometimes, and someone should just slap me. Hard. Repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh noooo does this mean we do not have a date on Tuesday??? so much sad face

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss B - believe me when I tell you I NEVER ACTUALLY KNEW THAT. I'm serious. This is huge. I can't believe no one ever said anything about it to me. I'm so embarrassed and yet strangely proud.

    MWG - I know. It's very sad. But I can't. It's just the reality of it. I do however have your payment for the peppermint bark, and if you twit me your address again (cause I lost the paper like a dolt) I will mail it to you. You will like it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that unbearably charming, actually. And I'm sure nobody ever mentioned it because they just didn't notice it -- it's one of those things your brain just puts in the proper order by itself, I think. Or, maybe, it's more just that I am borderline OCD when it comes to immediately fixating on stupid little syntactical discrepencies. Gift or curse, hard to tell. (So, when you are a big famous writer, if you need a super nitpicky proofreader...well, you come find me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, so did you mean to say you were "this resolved on the 11th..."? Because that really seems like more of a "thus": "I was thus resolved." Misspelled word? (Of course, I don't know how to spell occurred without spell check, so what the hell.)

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. unrelated to any grammar issues, i have to recommend financial peace by dave ramsey to you. he has another, too, total money makeover, but i can't speak for that. financial peace is excellent and helped me realize i can be financially happy if only i stop spending money on stupid shit. it's an easy--and relatively funny--read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) I used it on purpose. Like (motions with hands) I was THIS resolved. Like, I'm marking it on the wall as a growth chart in watercolor.

    2) Thanks for the suggestion Liz, but isn't spending money on books that tell me not to spend money redundant?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't need to buy books when you have a world-class public library at your disposal. On the other hand, consider this: buying someone else's books mean that, karmically speaking, other people will be more inclined to buy yours!

    Also consider THIS: you don't need any books to tell you how to not spend money because *I* will tell you how to not spend money. It will be like My Fair Lady: Can I turn Bridget Callahan into a cheapskate by August? Tune in and find out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should make a reality show out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, yes, I see. Of course!

    Anyway, you've triggered something for me, as well, and I am going to try and take more of a stand with this stuff, myself! Hope it's going well for you so far.

    KC

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?