Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Okay, no, but seriously, I need to go to sleep

Oh YouTube. You have a stupid name. You suggest stupid shit for me all the time (I swear I only watched those Jesus Christ Superstar clips once!). Embedding disabled by request makes me want to BURN THE WORLD DOWN.

But you still keep me up to 1am reminding how much my taste in music really sucks. I mean, rocks. Rocks a lot.



1. This song has been stuck in my head for the last two years. I love the "when we met I should have said you're like a sister to me" and the drop there.



2. Stuck in my head since BIRTH. Go ahead, DON'T SING. DON'T THINK ABOUT THE ROLLER SKATING RINK. Do think about how much you wish you had that lip gloss.



3. Remember? Rhianna used to have hair? And flesh on her face? And was still not human but hadn't been separated from the Continuum completely? I like to think this was her final cry for help. But robots don't need help.



4. This video is painful to watch and yet this song is SO fucking good. Fuck you Biz Markie.



5. True Story: If I start listening to Bill Withers, I will continue to listen to him for at least an hour. I will play this song at least 5 times in that hour. I will sing in a different pitch every time, and sometimes I sing it to my cats. I wonder if he ever sang it to his cats?



6. God, this was such a good show. This was one of the best shows. This was one of the best albums. I miss you Stellastarr*. Come back and be hot and small again.



7. Oh. Remember when we used to go to parties? And Much Music was Canadian? And I got really fucked up and made you watch this song every time it came one, because it made me happier than anything in 1996 could hope to do? And my favorite time of day for like two weeks was the Countdown, where this, and Prozac, and Soul Division would all be right around the same place. Which was like thirtieth. But still.

7 comments:

  1. Bridget, I discovered that Bill Withers video last summer. God, what a great song! I hadn't heard it in a long time and after I found that video, I became obsessed with it! Such a sexy song.

    And I don't know why you don't LOVE the video itself. Man oh man. Those guys are the definition of cool. And the funniest thing about the vid is that drummer. Watch his face! Too funny.

    Now I'm gonna have to watch and listen another three bagillion times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, nevermind. I just realized your #4 description doesn't apply to that Withers video.

    See why I haven't been writing lately? I don't know what I'm talking about half the time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridget, this was just mean. "Just a Friend" and "Heaven is a Place on Earth" are trading lines in my head. How am I supposed to sleep now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was OBSESSED with Much Music (Canadian). I remember staying up to watch the dance show on weekends because somebody was FINALLY playing dance music on a music station and OH, the platform boots and club clothes!!

    I freakin loved Prozac too. Ahh, Simon & Milo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had any idea how to do that (make a mashup), I totally would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel - remember how heartbreaking it was when they broke off into the Much Music America, and it was all the same crap as MTV?

    I still have my Prozzac CD in (fairly) frequent rotation. It's really good music to get pretty to.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?