Friday, January 8, 2010

I just drank a lot of coffee and alcohol, together.

Cleveland Magazine recently released their annual "Most Interesting People in Cleveland" list, which included folks like Shaq, Matt Fish, and Mike Polk. Who are your personal picks for Most Interesting Cleveland People and why?

I have thought about this question for a while, and realize that, like most questions that require some sort of knowledge and expertise, I am not really equipped to answer it. Don't ask me things that need more knowledge than how to cheaply and magically string words together. Don't ask me the specifics of architecture, or the whys of science, or to name anyone in Cleveland that I care about at all. Because I don't live in Cleveland, my identity is not Clevelander, I don't think locally. I live in the Wasteland. I am interested in the Wasteland. There is no one in the Wasteland more interesting than me, Jeremiah, my ex boyfriend, the old guys on Flickr, my father, my mother, my friends. You know how I survive in the Wasteland? By not giving anything a proper name. In the Wasteland, I can call it anything I want.

Ask me about politics. That's a cheap answer. That requires only glibness.

Shaq can fuck off. He just got here, you assholes. I've been here forever.


People are the most uninteresting things in the world to be interested in.

Isn't this answering questions bit cheating?

Cheating on what exactly? On my fucking blog? About myself? If you feel so strongly about it, why aren't you taking me out? Give me something interesting to talk about, if you think you're up to it.

I am a nervous bride. Tell me what can I expect on my wedding night?

You will think that you feel it everywhere, but as you get older, you will realize that the feeling is in fact localized, and therefore you can live without. Is it in your teeth? Knock them out. Is it in your stomach? Starve it. Is it in the back of your legs, your knees, your uterus, your ears? You don't need it. Cast it off.

Don't get married if you don't already know what to expect.

Ask me anything

3 comments:

  1. Do you really think that people are the most uninteresting thing in the world to be interested in? I would agree with that in the Nonsense Magazine's Most Interesting People sense, but not in the actual, wider, real sense of people, in general...well, I think people are some of the most interesting things in the world to be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are far better things in the universe to think about. More intricate and objective things.
    We all just get interested in other people, because we want people to be interested in us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...that's interesting. I rather wildly disagree with it, but it's an opinion that tastes interesting, all the same.

    (Personally, I am excruciatingly interested in other people, though rather un-keen and uncomfortable with the notion of other people being interested in me.)

    I'm not entirely sure, when it comes to the minutiae of the Universe, that the word Better can ever successfully enter into the equation, really...

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?