Monday, January 12, 2009

Making a case for mandated vasectomies

Posted on Ergotism.
And so heart-numbingly atrocious in its own right that I had to repost it.


“I’ll be honest with you. I don’t think journalists should be anywhere allowed war. I mean, you guys report where our troops are at. You report what’s happening day to day. You make a big deal out of it. I-I think it’s asinine. You know, I liked back in World War I and World War II when you’d go to the theater and you’d see your troops on, you know, the screen and everyone would be real excited and happy for’em. Now everyone’s got an opinion and wants to downer–and down soldiers. You know, American soldiers or Israeli soldiers. I think media should be abolished from, uh, you know, reporting. You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, ‘Well look at this atrocity,’ well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it.”


Alright, so Jeremy writes better commentary than I do, you should read his, and then his thoughts on the show 24. Which was also covered recently in an NPR story I heard which discussed how, for better or worse, 24 has always managed to keep up or be ahead of its time. You know, with 9/11 happening right as it premiered and the black president last season, ect.

Which only makes me think that the government planned 9/11, and planted this show in the network line-up as a propaganda machine to prepare people for its decisions.

Maybe.

Anyway, Joe the Not A Plumber is obviously a dick, a douche, and a dingleberry on the rump of America who should have his passport revoked just for low intelligence/reality operation scores. BUT what if this newest inane commentary from him is in fact a cry for help? Maybe he got there, realized that being a war correspondent means you have to talk to crazy people and also maybe get killed, so now he's making a moral issue of reporters even being there in the hopes they'll send him home?

Not that I think this bark but no bite dog will even come close to the actual fighting, but please don't let him be killed. Cause that's the last thing I want on my media for the next 4 months, the Extraordinary Life of Ordinary Joe.

Ew, I think I just made my hangover worse.

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to really love Joe the Plumber. If he keeps the cameras in front of him, saying shit like that, there's no way in hell the republicans will get back into power.

    Besides, if he had a mandatory vasectomy, we'd lose the opportunity to have a long trail of resentful single mothers teaching their children who not to be like when they grow up. Do we really want that?

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?