Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chicken Salad for Drunk People (or ones who are really sick and on xanax)

Originally, I saw Paula making this on one of her ten million food network shows, but I didn't watch the end of the show, because Paul makes me want to poke my eyes out with a whisk. Think about that. It would hurt. Anyway, I started craving a chicken salad with corn, so I made this for our last Top Chef night. I tripled her recipe, and did not stuff it in tomatoes, but instead served it with deviled eggs and french bread. The dressing is very light, way more olive oil than mayonnaise, and the corn is really what makes this terrific. The magnified recipe is below, with my additions, but this will literally give you more than enough for six people...or 4 people and one very hungry S.



(adapted from Paula Deen, there is no butter)

  • 6 breasts grilled and cubed chicken, seasoned with garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and adobe chili
  • 2 cup minced red bell pepper
  • 2 cup corn, drained
  • 1/2 minced red onion
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 4 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large avocados
Grill the chicken.
Combine with the peppers, onion, corn
Whisk the mayonnaise, mustard and olive oil together
Add the parsley, black pepper, and salt to dressing, shake.
Add avocados to salad
Coat with dressing.







It seems to me that deviled eggs are really more of a state of mind than an actual recipe. These had mustard, hot sauce, paprika, worcestire sauce, pepper, salt, capers, and parmesan cheese. So you, I was trying to wake people up. They're great for someone with a cold.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit those eggs look cool. And sound delicious.

    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?