Saturday, January 24, 2009

I just managed to sing the 8 note synth hook from an 80s song sampled on a terrible r&b song to S. over a cellphone, and he knew what it was within five minutes of contemplation.

Edit: Now we've got some controversy

okay, here's the Akon crap that inspired our dilemma: start at 1:05



Here's the song I think that hook is from, the one that S. originally thought it was from but now thinks is not the same: start at .42



And here's the song that everyone on the interwebs is claiming it's sampled from: start wherever, I don't hear the similarity here



So this is driving me absolutely batshit, because I know I've heard the exact sample from the Akon song, and my operating theory right now is that I must have heard a house bastardization of the Nik Kershaw song at a party years ago, and that's what Akon's sampling from. Or, like me, he went to too many parties in the late 90s and now that auto-tune irregularity is burned into our bio-rhythm.

Start at 1:09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?