Saturday, December 6, 2008

Yay Snow!

Here's for today being the first day I actually said "we can't do that because it will be snowing too hard." Yay!

I desperately want to make toffee tonight, so instead I've been munching string cheese and watermelon all day, trying to "health" the urge away. Perversely, eating string cheese makes me want good red wine, but it looks like tonight I'll settle for the 3.99 Crane Lake Reisling sitting in my fridge. Which I'm sure is destined to be opened, half consumed, and then commune pungently with the other 2 open bottles on the condiments shelf. I should make a jam or something, some fruit based thing. But see, we're trying to not spend money for the next month, so we're cutting down on things like random fanciful trips to the grocery store. It's "toilet paper, cat food, pickles, 1/4 pd salami and I'm out." Even then, somehow those croissants snuck in there. It's like butter atoms seek me out, I'm cream magnetic. Also, you know there's a recession when you see Kraft Mac & Cheese, the dry kind, on sale 2 for 4.00. That's 2 dollars for a box of dry macaroni. What the what.

I realize that I haven't contributed anything to Music Saturday yet. I hate music today. That's cause I woke up at 5am thanks to Eddy happily doing the moonwalk on my hip, despite the full bowl of food she's got, cheeky fat little bastard. It's bad when your overweight cat discovers all she has to do to wake you up is put a little force in her footsteps. And I know she's aware of what she's doing, cause when she doesn't want anything, she's capable of the softest of steps, like butterflies kissing you. Her desire, however, is a boulder, a boulder she wants to throw on your face. She is a boulder. I will throw her off a cliff.

Anyway, music? What kind of music today? Did you know that the oldest flute they've found is 43,000 years 0ld, and is a cave bear femur? Also they are not sure if its human made or a bear chewed it. So maybe bears made the first flute and then humans stole it like fire, and used the dulcet tones to lull the beasts into submission. Then they ate the bear. And imperialism was born.

This girl at work seriously just talked to me for ten minutes about her different sets of sweatpants at home, including the set she has with rhinestones, for when she wants to wear something nice out of the house.

Warning: you might want to start this video, then open another window and keep doing what you were orginally doing, unless you like watching 17yr old boys being jackasses. Which I do. Also this is the only song I want to hear right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?