Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh my god, STILL sick.
For those of you that don't see me in real life, I've been sick for THREE WEEKS now. Basically, I got sick the day after I got a flu shot, which they give out for free at work. We all line up in the cafeteria and off the clock nurses stick us with efficiency. I've been getting flu shots for years, to no ill effect. But the day after this one, I woke up full of snot and with a pounding sinus headache. And it has been getting progressively worse for three weeks. Until Thursday, when I just couldn't take it anymore, and I called off work. And here I am, Saturday, and something in my body is changing...

-For instance, I can now purr. In the back of my throat.
-Also, my skin is much clearer, and stronger. I used to get a red snout anytime I touched a tissue, and sickness would cause my cheekbones to become pimple farms. Now I'm porcelain, even the sensitive nostrils area.
-I don't need as much sleep, I seem to be able to function fine on less and less. I feel confident I will reach the point of needing no sleep sometime in the next few days.
- I smell different.
- cold medicine has stopped having any effect on me, even for fun.
- I crave salt.
- I watched Little Women on TCM twice in a row last night, first the black and white version with Katherine Hepburn and then the technicolor one with June Allyson. Then I pictured Jo and Professor Baer having sex.

I'm not saying there's any need to worry at the moment, only pointing out that the flu shot seems to have concealed some secret government formula to turn me into a German.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - hope you are feeling better by now. Assuming you are by the end of the week, any likelihood of you going to the Music Saves/Square Records swap show at the Beachland on Friday? I think I shall be there.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?