Monday, June 9, 2008

Sundays at the Zoo With...

Yesterday, took some of the outtowners (outlanders) to the Cleveland Zoo + Rainforest...



Isn't that a pretty picture? Yeah, except yesterday was over 90 all day, so it was a bit more like this...



The animals were all lounging in their caves, or swimming, or being dead.



You think that's a lollipop, but its in fact his dead brother he's been keeping in the polar bear enclosure, just for a day like this.

I think we were almost dead too, by the end there. We walked most of it, and after Saturday night, I felt like I was finished before we even got started. However, they were real fucking troopers, and we spent about 4 hours there.

The thing about being at the zoo too long is that it makes me all contemplative. I get mad looking at the elephant enclosure (no grass! do you think they CHOOSE to live in a dust cloud! They are smarter than five of you!), and I feel weirdly slave-owner like when watching the monkeys. Really, the fish, birds, and giraffes are my only truly guilt free part of that experience. Cause let's face it, giraffes are probably really dumb.

Then we went to Prosperity for dinner, and it got all thunderstormy. It was nice, being all red and chilly, with beer and food and whatever we wanted on the jukebox, while it ranted and raved dark outside, but broke before we left, with that wonderful green charcoal filter the Lake Erie skies have me addicted to.

Then I slept



for not quite as long as I wanted, considering I'm on my last homestretch of waking up at the ungodly anthill hour of 6am.

And when I got home, Sean had done all my dishes!

So it's been a very long hot, exhausting weekend, and I would really really like someone to take me on a surprise 6 month vacation to Patagonia. I'm looking at you, Mr. Lakshmi Mittal. Wasn't that part of the LTV steel mill package, you would take random white girls and send them to desolate but incredibly interesting places?



By the way, I'm not really the type of girl. to dream about weddings, but if I ever do get married, I'm wearing an Indian dress. Which Mr. Mittal can buy for me too.



In fact, I think I should get something just like that to wear to job interviews. "Yes, I am proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. I work very well in a mixed dynamic, but especially with goal-oriented creative individuals who can multitask your ass into oblivion. Also I am a goddamn magic fairy princess. No, for realsies."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?