Friday, June 27, 2008

Per Conversation last night:

This guy was telling us about how he was going to tell his girlfriend that he loved her for the first time by phone on her birthday, as his birthday present. And all the girls around me went "awww", but I argued my point, which is that "I love you" is a lot more powerful after something mundane, like sex. And the girls were up in arms saying "then it's cheap! How do you know he means it?" Well how do you know he means it when he says it by phone? How do you know he means it even if he accompanies it with roses and candy? You never know, unless you just know. And even then, we all make mistakes, so there's the proving by action every day. Saying I love you to someone is basically putting a label to a state you live in, one of constantly thinking of them, wanting to be around them, caring about what happens to them. So I just think its more powerful when you are saying it in the closest proximity to happiness in that state.

Of course last night I was completely smashed, and that did not come out like that at all, so the girls won. Like they always always always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?