Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My stress'o'meter is Yellow

Yellow is a good color. It's always happy to see you. I'm feeling particularly yellow these days, and not in that "I have a lethal combination of scurvy and syphilis" sorta way.

Everything seems to fall apart, but none of the debris falls towards me. It's hovering in orbit around me, held in place by mysterious forces. And I float along, unaffected, sublime in my kraken consciousness. It seems like I stopped feeling stress in any meaningful manner at some point last year. Or maybe I never really felt it, but I pretended to, for the sake of my disguise? I can't remember what stress feels like. I know panic, and fear, and loneliness, but.... I've added it to my list of feelings I'm never really sure I had in the first place. So far the list reads:

1. Grief over Death
2. Fear of Death
3. Undiluted Happiness
4. Actual non-melodramatic Stress (non-drug related)
5. Serious guilt

I suspect I am a sociopath, a mild harmless one. Sociopath sounds more frightening when you are a mammal, less so when you are krake (Scandinavian:an unhealthy animal, or something twisted.) I'm not dangerous, only my whirlpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?