Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Don't Need To Tell You My Mood. Just Guess. Here Are Some Clues.

So the following conversation was had by me today on Gawker.

All I'm saying is that if some sort of "revolution" comes, and you tea party people think you're going to be offing a bunch of liberals without guns, think again. Just because we're liberal doesn't mean we're not prepared. After all, we live in sinful Sodom cities right? We were practically raised in the Apocalypse. Also, we're smarter than you.

@SharpShinyClaws: I'd venture the numbers of gun toting liberals is minuscule compared to gun toting republicans.

@brianesser76: That's because our hunter/pot dealing boyfriends don't let people play with them at parties or take them out in public.

@SharpShinyClaws: You know who was a liberal? Einstein. What did he do? He came up with the idea for THE ATOMIC BOMB. That's right, teabaggers. BRING IT.




I made this dinner last weekend when I had to make something, which is how this happens. Skinless chicken breast dredged in egg/flour/cornstarch/five spice, then deep fried and sauced with this glazey stuff that was half honey, half siricha, splash of soy sauce and fish sauce. Potent. Snap peas sauteed really briefly in garlic, butter, and soy, so they are still snap crackle poppy. Look what pretty colors! Proving once again that fish sauce makes everything good.

Then I made apple crumble in my toaster oven, with pecans mixed into the crumble and a premade shortbread crust that was sitting around and saved me from having another dish to do. So it was more of an apple crumble pie. Less sweet, more apple buttery. I've been eating it all week. Look, it has a halo. And thus I avoided 5 apples going bad. I am a good shopper. Sort of.


The Boy has figured out the perfect way to keep me around. Get me addicted to The Wire, then only feed me a few episodes every other week. It's ingenious. I will never be able to break up with his Netflix account, or at least not for a really long time. How many seasons are there? I'm on like, episode 5. Seriously.

Speaking of tv, Time Warner did some hoodoo shit to their system, and now all my scheduled DVRs are erased, and I don't have half the channels under 23, which by the way includes the channels ANTM and Lost are on. So that's two episodes of ANTM to catch up on, and one apparently really riveting episode of Lost, and I hate you Time Warner. They tell me I have to switch my box, but they don't really have a fucking clue, and if I miss either of these shows next week, I'm just cancelling my cable cause fuck, I find I don't care that much. Cable, your hold on my loyalty is more tenuous than you think. There's a lot of unrequited "smart people don't watch cable" guilt wafting around my head. You'd better tread lightly.

Also, my brother showed me the Cutest Thing Ever, Cuter Than Squirrels

Just in case you get the wrong impression, here's my dinner from last night.

2 comments:

  1. Outside the Parma post office today were "protesters" with signs of Obama as Hitler. Thankfully no one cares what goes on in Parma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you protest outside the post office? Can't we all universally agree to like the post office? Go to the fucking social security office for god sakes.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?