Monday, August 4, 2008

The bottle says Pink Merlot, therefore it DOES exist

Yesterday, Sunday that is, was as productive as any true Lakewood Princess would want. I drove back from Macedonia in the morning, hungover Drank coffee. Put stuff in my coffee and drank more. Watched Gidget (Sandra Dee gave me little Ashley flashbacks and also its kinda creepy how she was 15 and the guys were all in their 30s). Groomed the cat. Had a series of nice little texts inviting me to a place on the lake. Which I guess I'm not supposed to tell you about, which is of course not true, but I'm sticking to that bit of fiction, cause its fun to suppose my life more secretive than it is. Drank more on the lake. Went over to one of those newbie condo townhouses north of Detroit, had more drinks and a spectacular Ohio City view, which almost makes me forgive the siding atrocities they commit. They're really nice inside. Flirted with a guy 12 years older than me. Played the whole "sticking around after everyone else has left". Note: this is where I wished I had maybe not been so drunk. Remember that very recent post about not hooking up with anyone? Well, I didn't this time either, but man did I want to, and we all know thats the mortar coming loose from the bricks right? But slept on the couch instead. Aren't you proud of me? I'm proud of me. Sort of. I'd be more proud if I hadn't stayed up till three watching Chilean strippers, but gone home like a good girl. Then when I went to work this morning, I wouldn't have been so obviously comatose. I do like my job for waking me up though, it's so much more interesting than what I was doing before. And because it was OT today, I got to cut out of the shift early, so I could go home and drink this very pepto bismol colored bottle of wine I've had sitting there since Friday. I watched Mr. Deeds Goes To Town, the original. You know, I've watched the Adam Sandler/Winona Ryder remake so many times, and it's okay, you know, it's sweet. But the original? When the first homeless farmer comes in with the gun, and starts talking about bread lines and hungry children? I cried hot liberal tears. Bonus: Jean Arthur has more attitude in her little eyebrow than Winona could ever hope to emote, and much better hats.

Everyone else is at Radiohead tonight, but I'm feeling okay. In the past 24 hours I've broken a chair, played a lot of Paul Simon, had a guy tell me things he'd do to my ass, and watched Gary Cooper save the world. So it's not a bad start to the week. Plus there's a Lifetime movie on right now about the Texas Cheerleader Scandal (I'm writing this now cause it's taking them a little time to get to the scandal part). Viva La Semana. Go Team!

Postscript: Awesome is watching a lifetime movie about cheerleaders and a history channel special about the Chinese Unification wars at the same time. I mean Qin Shi Huangdi? Totally a Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?