Monday, November 30, 2009

What Some People Did Over Their Weekend (hint: Not Me)

My neighbors are timely like the new fallen snow. These were up seriously the DAY after Thanksgiving. It's like they planned out the attack, unraveled all the lights, figured out the circuitry around the dinner table for months before, all so they could be the very first at 12:01 am Friday morning.

Tonight I will be going to sleep with a strange blue glow coming through my window, and for once it will not the computer I forgot to shut down. Or police cars. Or giant inflatable pumpkins.

I, on the other hand, got all teary over a Hugh Grant movie, watched some old people dancing the tango, got drunk and danced to Banditos, did some OT today, and drank some eggnog alone. Which, by the way, is a lonely thing to do. It turns out that drinking thick custard-like stuff by yourself makes you feel inadequate. Eggnog, breaking hearts and minds since 1789.

My favorite part is the penguins.

3 comments:

  1. Oops. I started putting mine up before Thanksgiving.

    Now, before you refuse to ever talk to me again, let me explain myself. I put them up early because I'm lazy. I had a nice warm day, and I thought it would be better to put them up when I wasn't worried about my fingers freezing off and falling off the ladder.

    Or maybe I've just turned into one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, I'll still talk to you. I'll just avoid you right before the holidays from now on. I'm not being recruited into fixing strands.

    Do you still want that article?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the article would be great. I've been too busy trying to come up with content myself to manage to keep up with anything else. Oops.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?