Monday, November 23, 2009

Alton solves Thanksgiving

My mother refuses to brine the turkey she is cooking.
I cannot convince her otherwise, which means I'm going to have to buy my own turkey. Like, a small one. I'll buy it now and stick it in the freezer for February. However, I wish my mother would watch this.



Also, Alton and I feel the same way about stuffing. I'm okay with dressing. When it gets crispy and such in the oven. Not soggy inside the birds EMPTIED CAVITY.



I have celebrity flutters for Alton. Don't we all? Look how cute his watch is!



I don't know. Maybe I'll just drive through Southern Ohio and try to run a turkey over. I remember those damn turkeys at Lake Hope, gathering next to the cabin at 4am and making more noise than a freight train. I have motivation. I will make a headband out of it's feathers.



3 comments:

  1. I love AB! And yes, brining makes the bird delish (it also cooks in half the time) and his corn bread pudding is fabulous. But I can't make it because my sister's baby pukes after she eats dairy and it's too many calories for me to do it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Maybe I'll just drive through Southern Ohio and try to run a turkey over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, you can make corn bread pudding for me anytime.

    Blue Girl, you laugh, but at least I'm shopping sustainably.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?