Monday, September 22, 2008

I am desperately sick, my punishment for drinking 4 days straight in the Rustbelt, and now I'm laying myself down in worship to whatever free form god created Kleenex with Vicks. My 401k is mostly okay because I made as much of it foreign as possible, I invest in the future of the world not this piddling empire builder's wet dream, and speaking of foreign and wet dreams and empire builders, go read this Harper's article about mail order brides and farmers from Texas going on "bride hunting trips" to Kiev. I tore off a toenail today, and I like to examine my toe and finernails, I marvel at the thickness, the rigidity, the sheer plastic boneness of it. What is my body up to, producing these weird organic building materials without my control or knowledge of it? What is my body manufacturing while I sleep at night? When racked with viruses like now, it's all out warfare, I know that. Are there prisoners in my toenail? Banished to the barren prison of keratin, never to see their friends and family again?

As to the imminent collapse of the American economy, I have only this to quote:

"Tell him the liberator who destroyed my property has realigned my perception."

2 comments:

Who wants to fuck the Editors?