Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Home of the second longest run on sentence ever

Sean and I are done.

See, when you spend all week telling a person you love them and miss them, and that you can't go on the weekend trip you had planned because you are absolutely totally incapacitated by your depression over them,
and no, even though said person really wants to go and you really want to go with them, you still can't do it because you're so depressed your life is over, and even when said person suggests you go alone then?
You can't because the guilt of not going with them will kill you.
When you spend all week building this mythology up, then disappear for the weekend, and come back as if nothing is wrong, only to get angry that said person is so upset
(even though they actually thought you were just horribly depressed and wouldn't leave the house because of them, since you spent all week telling them that and said person never believed for a minute you would do something like this because she believed you were a good guy who really loved her, and that she was the bitch for breaking up with you, even though the reason she broke up with you was because you told her the only thing making you miserable in your life was your relationship with her but you couldn't break up with her for whatever unknown reason),
and then it has to be wrung out of you that in fact you made plans with the other girl a week ago? And you had 10 important phone conversations and 3 hours of drinks with said person but you completely failed to mention it?

To be fair, I broke up with him last weekend, so he has no responsibility to not hurt me. But if you desperately want to stay in my life, and you spend all week trying to convince me of that, isn't this the worst possible thing to do? Sure, you're free of committment to me, but why do I want someone who feels no responsibility to my feelings in my life? Why would I want to be your friend after this? He knew if he did this, I would not speak to him again, and he chose to do it, so obviously he had no interest in continuing to interact with me, or he's an idiot. To which I say, "fine."

And that is the last thing you will hear about this relationship ever. From me at least. If I ever talk to Sean again, it will in secret, and it will be shameful, and I will hide it from the world. I don't talk to you about my zits, I won't talk to you about my ex boyfriend.

Moving on...Southland Tales was an AWESOME movie, and I insist that everyone who didn't listen to M. last week or wasn't at Marty's house Saturday night go see it immediately.

Also, the new Chronicles of Narnia is possibly better than the first one. I liked it a lot. I also liked Juno and The Goodbye Girl, which I also watched this weekend. I watched a lot of movies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?