Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Promise

I, Bridget Callahan, do solemnly swear to not touch the internets till at the very least 5/5, since there are better things to do in Chicago than twittering, including but not limited to:

-documenting the destruction of Gary
-marveling at a river that flows away from the giant lake
-looking for giant river otters in said dirty swath of toxic hydrogen
-contemplating the blisters on my heels and how they resemble a constellation of pain
-watching my sister do stand up comedy in a comic book store* (This Sunday, 7pm, Comics and Tonic), and feeling old and uninspired, in a good proud way.
-avoiding pizza
-celebrating International Workers Day by getting wasted with some activisty types I don't know. Huzzah!

*this is probably not really a comic book store, but SHOULD be.

3 comments:

  1. I read that the producers of Pearl Harbor (movie version not real life version) used Gary as a stand-in for aerial views of a bombing raid on Japan, apparently because it was the place that looked most like early 1940s industrial Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better hurry your ass back here, as I need someone to buy my drinks from about 5/5 to 5/14. I've just balanced my bi-monthly budget, and the only way it works is if someone (i.e., "you") shows up and pays the tab.

    Thanks, pal!

    CB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its HILARIOUS that you think I can afford to buy drinks after spending four days in Chicago. HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?