Sunday, April 12, 2009

2009 Shoparooni Easter Munny Show



Last night was the show, and I have to apologize because I don't know any of these artists names. There weren't any identifying placards, just price tags. You can stop by and see these guys at Shoparooni, Cleveland's premier place to buy murderous plastic toys and comic books about dogs that have sixpacks. Here are just a few of my favorites, a few more pics can be found here. If you're an artist that stumbles across this and you want your name attached to yours, please let me know. I aim to identify.

This is my own very little guy. The store was very well lit, so you couldn't see the light well there. But that's okay, he humbly understood and lay low.

Alas, I did not get a good photo of The Sock Eater, but he was my all time favorite there. He's in the jar on the right.











Seriously - intimidatingly good work. The Sock Eater was not for sale, but if it had been, I would have shelled out some cash. Because S. and I realized that if we got that for Marty, we would never have to buy him another present EVER.

I then went to Music Saves intending to buy a Mountain Goats album for my dad, and walking out with 2 MG albums, a Sharon Jones album, a Screaming Trees anthology, a band I got solely because their song titles referenced Wrinkle In Time, and the Jarvis Cocker solo album. I'm sure CB would be proud. My bank account is a little less so.

We stopped by the grocery store to get cooking stuff for today, because I can never remember if Easter is one of those days they close everything. Giant Eagle on 117th, which is usually full of hipsters shopping for Iron Chef dinners was instead full of people with children. I spent too much on bread and apples, a near impossible task, then got home and got drunk. Movie of the night was Hamlet 2, which is AWESOME. You should follow your original instincts and watch it. Tonight. Coogan is amazing. Kangaroo Rat is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?