Friday, December 28, 2007

I just don't have the energy for longer posts these days, in between the holiday crap and drinking and hating going to work.
But just a few thoughts...

One: Last night I saw an advertisement for a show called ID: Investigation Discovery.
Let that sink in.
Now say that ten times fast and it still won't be anything but the work of the Dictionary Devil.

I wonder if police departments across the country are trying actively to come up with cooler names for themselves in the vague whitebread hope that someone will make a tv show or a Court TV movie about them.

Two: Nick Lachey wins EVERYTHING. I know I'm late on this one, but Dancing with the Stars AND Clash of the Choirs? He's a reality competition MACHINE. I'm crossing my fingers that Top Chef is next. Or the Broadway rendition of No Country For Old Men.

Three: Who the hell needs Tivo when Bravo plays the same damn two episodes of every show they've ever aired at least once a day, and sometimes twice? Was there not a new Project Runway this week? Also Bravo? I know you can do better than the Housewives of Orange County.Fucking MTV's The Hills is better than that fucking show. And they don't have your legions of design fashionistas. I mean they do, but you have better ones. Your fashionistas have better coke, classical taste, and Tim Gunn to guide them along the path to enlightenment. What does MTV have, that weird greek girl on the Pantene commercials? Puh-leese.

Four: If I had money, I would buy Scifi Channel and make it over. It is an insult to scifi fans everywhere that our genre should be associated with a channel that doesn't even have the rights to Star Trek Next Generation or Buffy. At 1 am I should be able to watch something decent, not more Stargate Atlantis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?