Friday, June 26, 2009

Getting rid of the aftertaste


, originally uploaded by sharpshinyclaws.

Ugh. Just even writing that long ass catalog of pain makes me feel like, I don't know, 24 again. Also it makes my blog look ugly. So here's a pretty picture of my mom's garden (flowers! a world of violence and territorialism and drugs!) and some thoughts:

1. Synecdoche, NY was a fantastic film. I loved it. I loved it as much, and in the same way as Stranger than Fiction.

2. My sneakers were being held captive by the villain Gimley, and I have to rescue them tonight. It reminds me I have to buy more shoes. Going two days without sneakers is like, tough man.

3. Going off number one - I only like comedians in serious films and vice versa. This is probably why I don't like Jack Black.

4. I honestly feel like Michael Jackson died a long time ago. And I actually thought Farrah Fawcett did.

5. I'm contemplating a proposal for an article to this small local magazine, but I can't decide on a topic. What are you most curious about in Cleveland? Please don't say the single scene.

6. Popsicles. I love popsicles.

7. I have to get some pedals, so I can actually ride this bike I bought. Or it needs to rain more, so I get distracted.

4 comments:

  1. 4. I honestly feel like Michael Jackson died a long time ago.

    This pretty much captures how I feel about it, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you can arrange to publish under a pseudonym so you can't get in legal trouble over it, an article about exploring abandoned buildings would be perfect.

    I guess, if you can't publish under a pseudonym, write it as though you have investigated and interviewed people who do it, and are reporting on them from the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually came up from a few people. We'll see what I can get away with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pretty picture of your mom's garden :)

    Also, thank you for the recommendation to see Synecdoche, NY -- I've seemed to hit an unfortunately film lull. Although, we're seeing (500) Days of Summer next Thursday, so hopefully that'll help pull me out. . .

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?