Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday News Roundup (Yes, I do wish I was Diane. Don't you? Doesn'teverybody?)


1. Happy Birthday to Jay, yesterday. You're adorable. And old. And adorable.

2. Congratulations to Scene Magazine for finally spotlighting some actual Cleveland talent. Shame on me for not having the money to buy Amy's painting when I could have afforded them, but also maybe this means at some point she'll sell lots of prints?

3. Good Job to Momocho, for feeding me what could possibly be the hottest chili salt on my margarita glass ever.

4. Go see Dawn's final recital at CSU tomorrow at 7pm. It is quite possibly the last time you will get to see her sing for free.

5. Buddy and I are going to the Solstice party at the Art Museum tomorrow. Dan Deacon is playing, which is ironic, since that was S.'s favorite performer last summer when we were broken up and he was traveling to New York every other weekend to see him perform. And I refused to listen to him then, cause I didn't want to be reminded of those girls he went with. But now, surprise surprise, he's at the opening of the new wing.

6. Also the Walkmen are coming to town, another band S. saw without me that summer. So it looks like the universe is trying to replicate last summer for me in every conceivable way. Maybe I missed doing something really important last summer, that, like, affects the fate of the universe. So I'd better get it right this time. Let me know if there's any babies you need me to save or trains that need re-railing.

7. This morning I was woken by a sonic boom outside my window, followed by fleeing birds and what kind of sounded like a train. While this can easily be explained as thunder, rain, and an actual train, I prefer to think it was something really horrible happening.

8. I've decided that being heartbroken actually feels less like the incredible pain everyone is always talking about, and more like a slow internal bleed that's draining me, but not killing me. Like, I'm exhausted and anemic, and could possibly keel over at any moment. But there's no sharp oh my god feeling. It's a weird heavy feeling. I'm not enjoying it per se, but I'm not un-enjoying it. I am lonely though, which is stupid, cause I've been talking to so many people about so many interesting things having nothing to do with any of this. Whatever. Fuck texting, is all I have to say about that.

9. Do not re-read About A Boy when you are feeling useless and unloved. Also do not read angry woman Beat books. Or anything written in the 19th century. You will want to quit your job and flay yourself and maybe never talk to anyone again.

10. That Obama fly thing was very cool, wasn't it?

2 comments:

  1. perhaps high fidelity would have been a better choice if selecting nick hornby for post-breakup material?

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?