Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunny!

No, I have no tattoos. Also I have nothing smarmy to say about Easter. I love Easter. No matter how inaccurate it may be, my mind always remembers Easter as the first truly sunny Spring day in Cleveland, every single year since I've been born. People tell me I'm wrong, but I don't believe them. Case in point, this morning was beautiful and I had a CD of new music FINALLY, and we drove around all morning listening to Eagle Seagull and Decemberists and music from Wes Anderson films while drinking coffee and looking at all the wonderful dogs! I love dogs! I want a dog SO BADLY. It's reassuring that there is no biological clock on getting a dog, and I can have one whenever I want so I can wait until my life is perfect for one. Which might be coming up here soon. Dog! Where are you Dog? I need something to chase squirrels, run in the grass, and scare the crap out of my cat!

Now that Sir Clarke is properly in the ground and all, leagues away in Sri Lanka, I'm afraid he will start haunting me, so I've been reading lots of robot war stories to stave him off. Robbie! Where are you Robbie? Last night I got very drunk while watching a movie where the relics of a Buddhist saint went all "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and melted all their Turkish swords, and also brought the monk back to life just so he could rip the heart out of the blue eyed devil. Butcher Li! Protect me! Matt explained his temporary perpetual motion machine, and Colleen had to listen to the Salmon Dance too many times, plus Caroline in the City was in a movie about sex, which makes no sense. They have shot glasses that defy gravity by having no bottoms, but never getting broken, and also an inversion table that I never wanted to get out of. Please just let me hang upside down forever please! I would die on it. I would do nothing but get high and hang, until the blood rushing to my brain made my eyes explode. We have all been born facing the wrong direction! If everyone hung upside down on the night before Easter, we could rise out of our collective grave together, push aside the rock, and say hi to all the women! It would happen!

See Easter is many things, but it's always sunny and good, and besides I like having traditions. Traditions are fun, playing games with the pattern of our dullard working lives. Dullard! Don't worry Dullard, there are always daffodils soon and melting snow and raisin bread and butter lambs and sometimes pierogis! Though it's funny that we used to get kites in our Easter baskets, and now it's Ikea curtains.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you spent the morning listening to Eagle Seagull. I am good friends with those guys, so it's nice to hear they're appreciated in Cleveland.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only have I spent the morning listening to them, I have spent the last two days listening to them. Tell them they sound like the bastard son of Pulp and Hawksley Workman.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?