Tuesday, October 23, 2007

NANOWRIMO

Feels like it should be capitalized every time......

So...I told a friend I would do it this year with her. And I will. Because it will give me something to do besides watching 30 Rock and drinking.

Actually, I consider both of those elements to be essential to the creative process. One is inspirational, the other is a veritable fount of thievery. Guess which is which?

On the website, they suggest that you tell everyone about participating in this (this BTW being writing a 175 page novel all during the month of November), so that if you start to feel yourself falter, you will be too embarrassed to quit. Like with losing weight, smoking, or breaking up with your boyfriend.

Cause that has worked SO WELL for me in the past.

What I'd like to know is what kind of support are my friends going to give me now that I'm part of a shtick, that they wouldn't give me for the past 25 years I've been trying to write? No seriously, what's up guys? You all went from being crazy insane dirty psycho druggie glamour hogs to being married and living in Akron with cats. That's not helping me out here. Unless we're all looking forward to some serious self-destruction on Bridget's part, you're gonna have to step it up a notch on the dramatic Parisian bum scale. And I know how much you love me and would hate to see me lose my job :) So hurry up. November is almost here.

The worst part of this whole thing is that the inspirational write-ins for Cleveland? Are being held at the Panera bread right around the corner from my house. Seriously? Really really great 4 cheese souffles. Sean really likes the spinach and bacon ones...I don't know about their coffee though...fuck you, ever appealing and simultaneously revolting Panera bread.

A really quick actual life update: I came home to a case of beer sitting on the floor, with two xbox games on top, and a large amount of poo in the toilet. There is no pistachio frozen custard left, and I'm so bored I just bit off my fingernail and spit it on the floor. If I watch that fish video one more time I'll start to bleed from my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?