Friday, October 12, 2007

Despite being absolutely stellar at work today, running meetings and doing sit-withs and being an overall perfect corporate smiley face, I still feel very very lost there. Also, my eyes are taking turns being allergic to various substances and swelling up individually. I have a scarf around my one eye right now. I am a polka dotted pirate.

So champagne is officially my drink of choice, cheap or not. I think it was waiting there for me this whole time, but I avoided it out of a preconceived notion that bubbly should be withheld for toasts and new years and romantic celebrations. Turns out, champagne is also the perfect accompaniment to gross feelings of inadequacy and lost glamour of youth.

I suppose when I turn forty I'll have to find something else, but champagne has shown up just in time to usher in my thirties.

So here's a list of things I can count on for at least the next ten years...

1. Champagne. Unless there is a worldwide drought that kills all the grapes everywhere ever. Which could still happen.

2. Al Gore not being president.

3. My eyelashes.....I think. I suppose there could be a fire.

4. Being kissed. By somebody. Somewhere. At some point.

5. Knowing how to make pie.

6. Being able to read....I think. Oh my god, I could go blind.........

7. My hair remaining basically the same color.

8. There still being no god. But still lots of people who believe there is. And them getting in my way.

9. Money still being important.

10. Me still not caring that money is important, but having to work anyway.

11. Rocco De Spirito still being dreadfully hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?