Friday, April 4, 2008

Last night, end of "Make Me a Supermodel", beginning of "Step It Up And Dance".

First, let me just say, that Bravo did pretty well for a while. Project Runway is an insane mega hit. Top Chef is even better. Plus this season it has this guy
who is either tweaked out, or just quit right before he joined, or is secretly a rabid squirrel.

Make Me A Supermodel just ended, and the only thing I remember about it is that Nikki Taylor and Tyson Bedford might just be the two most vacuuos people in the entire world. The MODELS were more personable than them. When Tyson opened his mouth, I wanted to sew it up again with fishing line.

Now they've got Step It Up And Dance, hosted by....wait for it...Elizabeth Berkley. Really? She's the most bug eyed host ever. Plus, she's obviously starstruck by the choreographers around her, probably since she's a dance groupie, so that's obnoxious. You know, Heidi is a well known model. Padma IS a chef. Plus she was married to Rushdie. What the hell has Elizabeth Berkley done related to dance? Other than Showgirls, which one of the other channels showed at the same time the premier went on. I thought that was pretty witty.

The entire show was a homage to the Spice Girls. It was grown men with mullets talking about their favorite Spice Girls song.

Now in all fairness, when Top Chef started, they had some empty faced starlet hosting who sucked. And they got smart and replaced her. So maybe they will fix their hosting problems. But if they don't, then I will no longer feel okay watching them, I will get defensive about their value to others, and they will no longer be something I admit to because of the smart person shame of it all. Don't alienate me Bravo. If your search engine finds this, take me seriously. My friends and I make PLANS to watch Top Chef together. I would kill myself if I ever made plans to watch Elizabeth Berkley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?