Friday, January 11, 2008

Things I am okay with....

I have this horrible journal linked to my friends page at LiveJournal that I haven't the heart to de-friend because daily it reminds me of why I'm special. It's a place where people put out advertisements for other people to be friends with them. Mostly its people who write fanfic, dislike conformity, and have either too many kids or too many pets. They love to write paragraphs about what people should not do in order to be friends with them. In the spirit of condensing myself into a list (yay lists!), here are the many things that I am okay with, but that other people tell me not to be:

1. Intolerance.
2. Blind conformity.
3. Anger
4. Violence.
5. Pop music.
6. Communism. With a capital C.
7. Money.
8. Close-mindedness.
9. very personal break-up stories.
10. Whores who post pictures of themselves.
11. Iran.
12. Guys paying bills for me.
13. Meat.
14. Assholes.
15. People who are always late.
16. The New York Times.
17. Lying.
18. Cheating.
19. Gambling.
20. Drugs and alcohol.

Here are things I am not okay with:

1. Harry Potter as a source of magical reference in your life or the life of your child.
2. People who are not intimately acquainted with Roald Dahl.
3. Fanfic.
4. College girls who have never had sex.
5. Kids.
6. and of course, religion.
7. Tolerance of any and all ideas.
8. User photos that are just photo-shopped Office characters with some quirky saying.
9. Listing Gilmour Girls as one of your "likes".
10. Referring to your fat rolls as "extra baggage".

In case you can't tell, I'm in a "mood". Who knows, maybe it's my TIME OF THE MONTH.
At least I'm not pregnant, suckers!

1 comment:

  1. well, bless your little heart...
    (*crack*) <- me taking one accross the jaw and thanking you for it.

    I couldn't find the stupid quote, but some smart person said that the actual goal of an Anthropology class was to teach people to be exactly like each other, without regard to race, sex, age, etc.

    Glad to see you're fighting back. The rest of us were never smart enough to make it out of idealism into reality. So we're jealous and tell you not to do those things that are 'really' bad for you.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?