Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Thoughts Today, and in General, and Sometimes


1) Currently at my house I have a bag of mini-marshmallows, a bag of pecans, butter, flour, questionable eggs, and expired milk. I really want to come up with a way to make something out of this, so I don't end up eating marshmallows out of the bag for weeks. But I also need to not buy any ingredients. I will probably eat popsicles for dinner again. Can you successfully braise one chicken breast? With marshmallows maybe? The picture of me sitting watching tv eating mini-marshmallows is insupportable.

2)I'm still upset over that Plain Dealer advertising scandal yesterday. I live in zip 44111, and yes, I know my downstairs neighbors will be moving as soon as they can. But I don't want my whole neighborhood gutted, like some can of tuna opened to the alley cats. I'm appalled that someone who works for a city newspaper can think like that. It smacks of East-Siderdom. You know perfectly well what I mean by that, don't get snippy.

3) People are really pissing me off today. Not people I'm close to, but all those peripheral people, ones I shouldn't have to deal with anyway. They're just doing and saying stupid unnecessary things about stupid unnecessary topics. This is one of those days when my usual safety net of courtesy has been cut through and through. Be an adult. Be an adult. Be an adult. Not me, you.

4) Tonight is David's show at (art)ificial gallery, 17020 Madison. You should go see it.

5) I wish I was friends with more historians. But like, historians with drug habits. And really great South American retreats.

6) I'm so terribly excited about District 9. Also Inglorious Bastards, Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, and 9. I am not so terribly excited about Hilary Swank playing Amelia Earhart. Also, I will watch The Ugly Truth when it goes to DVD, which should be by September. Don't judge me. I'm a little pissed I missed Miss Marple on Mystery Thursday night. Say that sentence 5 times fast.

7) I wish I was a better artist so I could draw a pop-up book of my favorite cities, but depicted as massive mutated godzilla like creatures, sprawling and wicked and Akira like. I would write all about their favorite eating habits and mating habits, their evolutionary history, the future of the species. Maybe I should just write a book about my favorite buildings. Maybe I should have gone into civil engineering...

8) Can you imagine having only one leg? Diabetes.

9) I have to send the couple in Brooklyn a present, but I'm having trouble deciding on things. Mostly I don't know what the wiring is like in their apartment. I have this strange feeling that things made in Sweden won't work with New York stacked housing. Even though obviously it's their biggest market.

10) I officially crave Angel. And it's M's fault, because he kept mentioning watching it. So now I think about it at least once a day. Usually at the same time that I'm watching another rerun of Diners Drive Ins and Dives. Also, I need to start watching the Young Ones, I feel like it's been waiting for me.

11) The cooking bug is coming back, probably due to the rain. I want to make a peach creme fraiche pie. Also my own pancetta. And pickled cherries. I need into an empty building stat. I need some mold inhalation to stem the cooking devils.

12) I've used the word "stat" today like 17 times. I'm officially shutting my brain down now.

13) But I hope you all like your new tattoos!

14) The problem with reading about politics now is that I no longer find it entertaining to be shocked and dismayed. That's so 2004, I can barely stand it. I watched the Daily Show with no sound the other night, and it was incredibly depressing. But I guess just like the Lefties got their opportunity to be outraged and activisty cool before, Republicans apparently think it's their turn to have crazy puns and paranoid email chains. Only problem is they're stupid. And they were doing all that stuff before. I got sucked into a phone conversation at work that started off about insurance laws and ended up in "Welfare is the Death of our Country and the reason for the Recession" land. I'm so tired of being polite, but I don't have the energy to argue anymore, because it's so futile.

2 comments:

  1. Julie and Julia looks like a cute movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the fence about that. Like, I WANT to like it. But I also want to totally hate on a blogger who got a book deal. And I love Amy Adams, but its time for her to start to outgrow the spunkiness thing, or she's going to end up like Diane Keaton.

    ReplyDelete

Who wants to fuck the Editors?