Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rainy Thursday

It feels very quiet and doomy outside. Somebody on livejournal said it feels like it must be raining everywhere. I'm actually glad its dark outside, because I'm off today. Usually on my off days I just want to sit around and read all day, and cook. But when its sunny, it feels like I should be motivated and hyperactive. The sun is a big giant guilt trip. Rainy days afford me a little fat girl relief.

Today I've done nothing for the past four hours but read Fitzgerald short stories and squish the cat with various body parts. Now I'm going hunting for baguettes, prosciutto ,and pecans.

Christopher Walken was on the Daily Show recently, and he said "The only reason I'm a good cook is because I can afford expensive ingredients." Amen Mr. Walken. Reading the Food sections of the NYT and LA Times is my version of Entertainment Tonight. For dinner today we'll be having prosciutto and tomato sandwiches, spinach pecan salad, and some desert yet to be determined by the trip to Galluci's.

It would be far more impressive if I was making this dinner for my boyfriend in a clean house though :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?