Saturday, September 29, 2007

Chapter Three prelude

Last night I went to a girl's birthday party where nobody showed up but two other people. She had a blender, we had brought her a bottle of rum, she had fresh fruit. I spent my evening cutting myself on strawberries and somewhere in between them talking about men and sex, I all of a sudden found myself ranting about Israel and how I can totally be anti-zionist without being anti-semitic, how Iran and anyone else is right to not acknowledge them as a nation, how Iran has the second largest population of jews in the Middle East and no one is KILLING THEM because they don't hate jews, just Israel. Also in there was about the 700 club taking donations from Christians to "adopt" Russian jews to send them "back to their homeland", and how the last Iranian president was way less crazy and its our fault they elected a crazier one who also happens to be right about western politics, just wrong about gays, even though in one of Buddy's gay travel magazines they talked about how Iran was a good travel spot if you only followed certain rules which quite frankly you can probably say about Missouri too. It ended with me being the last one drinking, in the kitchen, explaining how the creation of Israel was one of the most stupid wicked things Western civilization has ever done all because we didn't want the jews in america and russia/poland/france/italy didn't really want them either.

Then I buried my head in Sean's chest and said "and now we're all going to die".

That last part is not true of course. I'm never going to die. I'm just going to deflate, slowly and painfully, and probably not fast enough for some Columbia students.

Also, I have to refrain from a repeat performance of this at Marty and Rebecca's (jewish) wedding next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who wants to fuck the Editors?